We work hard to provide a positive experience for all our clients. For some this might include simply managing their insurance policy, while others might require more dynamic assistance. We are here for you. You can rest assured that we will do everything we can to make you feel comfortable.
We welcome service animals in each of our offices.
Given the necessary authorization in accordance with the Privacy Act, we welcome support persons to take part in any discussion with our clients.
We communicate with our clients in ways which take into account their unique needs and we ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices.
We provide training for employees who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf. An Accessibility Standards Memorandum is posted on each employees computer desktops for reference.
The Accessibility Standards Memorandum includes
- an overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- our plan related to the customer service standard.
- how to interact and communicate with people with various needs.
- how to interact with people who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- how to use any applicable devices that may be needed for assistance.
- what to do if a person is having difficulty in accessing our services.
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to the plan.