Winter is here, and it has brought the snow with it! There are a lot of benefits to snow like snowshoeing, skiing, and snow days! But the one thing snow guarantees each year is that it will melt, which can cause serious water damage to your property.
What are the signs of water damage?
- sewage odour
- wet areas on the property
- slow fixture drains
- gurgling drain noises
What can I do to prevent water damage?
- Clean your eaves troughs.
- Be aware of moisture levels around your building.
- Know your water bill. Unexpected increases in your water bill may indicate a problem.
- Hire insured contractors to remove snow and ice from your roof on a regular basis to prevent damage or collapse.
- Have your sump pump system checked, tested, and cleaned each spring.
- Fill out a monthly inspection checklist to keep track of any developing problems and any maintenance performed. Click here to download the checklist.
- Click here to get more details regarding water damage and how to protect yourself and your property.